INTERVIEW COACHING – PRE-SCHOOL & GRADE SCHOOL
INTERVIEW COACHING FOR PRE-SCHOOL & ONGOING SCHOOL, STUDENTS & FAMILIES SEEKING ADMISSIONS
Interviewing is a skill: I offer fool proof techniques that will take the mystery and fear out of interviewing. The skill set I teach is something children and parents can carry throughout their lives.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED
- How to answer hard questions smoothly:
- Tell me about yourself?
- What is your child’s weakness? (Answer without giving a cliche response)
- Having not seen our school what makes you feel this is the school for your child?
- Who wrote the essays?
- What is a typical summer in your family?
- What is a typical weekend?
- What is your parenting style?
- What is a typical week day?
- What makes your child happy?
- What makes your child nervous?
- Has your child had any traumatic experiences in their lives?
- What character in a book would you say most describes your child and why?
- What is your child’s best asset?
- What is your child’s biggest weaknesses?
- What is special about your child?
- How to stand out and ask smart questions.
- How to ready your children for interviews.
- What to do if your child has a temper tantrum.
- How to turn a bad interview to your advantage.
- What to do if your child does not interview well that day. (It happens)
- How to prepare your child and yourself.
- How to take a tour and be remembered and wanted by the admissions team.
- Teach children to relax and enjoy the process and interview techniques even at their age.
- The do’s and dont’s at schools.
- How to have a phone interview.
- How to have a group interview and standout in a positive way.
- Body language:
- How to carry yourself during an interview and how to interact as a cohesive family: Greeting, Standing, Sitting, Body Language and Walking during interview process.
- The dynamic between you and your partner and you and your child.
- How to read the body language of your interviewer and use this knowledge to your advantage.
- How to make a positive memorable impression during tours and open houses.
- What to wear and what not to wear.
- What to say, and what not to say, in follow up letters.
- Social media:
- What to show and what not to show.
- What schools want to see.
- Describing your child in an authentic way that makes them shine.
- ERB’s if your child not that great?
- What to say and not say.
- Session: 4 hours total, divided into parts.
- Payment is requested and required prior to the session.
- If an additional hour is added payment is requested before the next meeting.
- Available for on going questions throughout the process.
- All sessions are private and confidential.
- Each above point is mastered by the client.
- Confidence and know how for life long interviewing skills.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have on contact details shown below.